Yabos Answers your Questions
Yabos Frequently Asked Questions
Hello Yabos Lovers!
We thought that we would take the time to answer some of the questions that we get most often from our website, social media & in our restaurants. Dare we call it a “Frequently Asked Questions“?
- What type of seasoning is on your chips? – Our chips are dusted with our house Mexi-Cali seasoning, which is available for purchase.
- What is in the grilled vegetable mixture? – Our grilled veggies include Yellow Onion, Green Peppers, and Zucchini all of which are locally sourced when possible.
- Can we add meat to our taco, burrito, etc.? – Just about everything on our menu comes with your choice of filling. You can choose between Grilled Chicken, Slow Roasted Pork or Shredded Beef, Ground Beef, and Grilled Veggies. For an additional charge we also have Grilled Steak, Grilled/Fried Atlantic Cod, and Grilled/Fried Shrimp.
- How big are your tacos? – We serve all of our tacos on 6″ corn, flour, or hard shell tortillas. Both the corn and hard shell are gluten free.
- How many tacos do I get? – All of our tacos are a la carte, generally 2-3 will cure the hunger but we have seen people nosh on as many as 12 tacos!!! You can always start with 1 and order more.
- Can I have rice without corn? – Our Baja Rice is cooked with the corn inside along with sofrito, however there’s not a lot of corn in the rice if you’re not a fan.
- What does “wet” mean? What is the roja sauce? – You can either order your burrito “wet” or “dry”. Dry, all the ingredients are inside and it’s wrapped up. Wet, the rice, beans and meat are inside and wrapped up, then its topped with our house roja (a mild red sauce) and shredded cheese. Once the cheese is melted we top it with lettuce, pico de gallo and sour cream. You’ll definitely need a knife and fork, but it’s delicious.
- What is the difference between the Big Sloppy vs Bodacious Burrito? – The biggest difference between the two is the queso. If you love our queso than the sloppy is for you. The Big Sloppy also has our Grilled Veggies instead of Rice and Black Beans. For a different twist on our Bodacious Burrito, try it “wet w/queso” you won’t be disappointed.
- Is your salsa spicy? – Our Salsa is made fresh daily with locally sourced produce. We try to keep it mild but you can always spice it up with one of your favorite sauces.
- What is your least spicy sauce? What is the spiciest? – Our sauce with the least heat is our Lip-Smackin’ Chipotle which was made specifically for our slow roasted pork. Next up is our Sissy Sauce, don’t be fooled by the name, it’s our mild hot sauce so it still has a little kick. Then we have our Strawberry Habanero, don’t let the Habanero scare you off as it’s balanced nicely with the sweetness of the Strawberry and goes great on our slow roasted shredded beef. To pair perfectly with our shrimp and fish we have our Serrano Lime sauce, which packs a perky citrus zest. Finally, our hottest sauce is our Garlic Fire-Breather, you’ll most likely have to ask for it as we try to keep it out of the reach of children. It’s got great flavor with ample heat, just don’t go crazy otherwise you’ll be breathing fire!! We are also currently working on rolling out a Ghost Pepper sauce, so keep your eyes out. All of our sauces are made fresh locally, so give it a good shake and enjoy.
- Do you guys show all the Buckeye games? Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket? – We do show all Buckeye football & basketball games as well as every other major sporting event. We do carry NFL Sunday Ticket, so the next time your team is being televised you can always watch it with us!!
- How often do you rotate beers? – Due to the explosion of Craft Beers in the recent years we are constantly trying to provide the best brews available. Therefore, we are constantly rotating our draft list to provide the best beers we can get our hands, many of which are locally brewed in Ohio. We maintain a list active taps for each location on ‘Tap Hunter’.
- How long have we been in business? – Our first location in Westerville was est. in 2011 with the Upper Arlington location one year later, and the Powell location one year after that.
- Where are your locations? – Three locations in Upper Arlington (3051 Northwest Blvd), Westerville (7097 State Rte 3), and Powell (4046 West Powell Rd). We also have a food truck that does private parties and can also be found all over Columbus and Central Ohio.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us. We would love to hear from you.